11.02.2012

warming up

I've decided to do NaBloPoMo, if only to get myself to stick to the goal of writing more, no matter what that writing is. Every day this month, I'll put something here. It might stink. I'll probably worry about whether I should bother and debate whether blogging is for me. But I need to write more, and many of my future goals depend on doing just that.

So what am I afraid of?

I'm afraid that I don't have much to say.

That it's been said before.

That I don't quite have a niche topic, and will end up with one of those blogs that's just a diary that no one really cares about.


And what do I want?

I want to become a better writer.

To take some time for myself, even if it's just a few minutes on the couch at night, doing this thing just for me.

I want to get more of my writing published.

I want (someday) to (somehow) generate some income from my writing outside of a 9-5 job.


I know I've written a version of this post before, and that's where NaBloPoMo (I hate those abbreviations) comes in. For this month I'll write every day. It might be crap, but at least it won't be nothing.


No comments: