3.12.2009

Gold





Last night, walking up the steps into the elementary school, I spotted four green bursts poking through the ground next to the building. Nature's first green, right there, standing proud. I called to the 13-year-old girls walking in with me to come look. They dropped their aloof coolness for a moment to squeal with me: Spring!

The snow has retreated to just a few murky patches.
The light and shadows say brighter seasons are coming, hold on a little longer, we're almost there.



*****
photo by me, taken one year ago.

1 comment:

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

I know! Two days ago I saw tulips coming up in the front garden- and I suspect under the snow in the side garden there are more!!!

Funny- i meant to take a picture of them this morning and post it too- but I was running late...