4.14.2011

Baby C


Evelyn Hart
March 26, 2011
6 pounds, 4 ounces
Totally awesome.

She picked her birthday afterall, 16 days early. At 4 am on 3/26 my water broke. I experienced 7 hours of labor (one of the things I was mourning in thinking about a planned cesarean birth). Despite all our efforts, she remained breech so was born via cesarean, but it was the best I could hope for- it was calm, Pat held my hand and stared into my eyes the entire time, he announced that we had a daughter, he was with her for her first minutes- the first to hold her, to bring her to me. These first weeks have been amazingly hard and amazingly awesome. I still can't believe we get to keep her.

She answers to Evelyn or Evy or Snugglebug or EvHart.

----
In other news: Photos of the finished nursery.
We also have a "friends and family only" Flickr group of Evelyn photos. Let me know if you don't have the link and would like it.



No comments: